Happy Filipinx American History Month, friends and fellow book lovers! While I am proud to say that Filipinx authors are making a big splash in mainstream publishing, let’s not overlook independent publishing, where Filipinx authors have thrived for decades and built our literary community from the ground up. This month, I team up with SPDBooks, Berkeley-based champion of independent publishing since 1969, to bring you contemporary Filipinx authored independent books!
Here’s the deal! If you purchase these books from the SPDBooks website, just enter the code, “BJR,” and get 25% off til the end of October! Cool, right?
- Kimberly Alidio, after projects the resound.
- Hari Alluri, The Flayed City.
- R. Zamora Linmark, Rolling the R’s (20th anniversary edition).
- Monica Ong, Silent Anatomies.
- Elmer Omar Bascos Pizo, Leaving Our Shadows Behind Us.
- Amanda Ngoho Reavey, Marilyn.
- Barbara Jane Reyes, Invocation to Daughters.
- Mg Roberts, Anemal Utel Meck.
- Sam Roxas-Chua, Saying Your Name Three Times Underwater.
- Janice Lobo Sapigao, like a solid to a shadow.
- Eileen R. Tabios, Witness in the Convex Mirror.
- Jean Vengua, Corporeal.
Sige na, everyone, get reading!